CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 27, 2008

In Memory of My Mother



My sister-in-law Missy called me yesterday almost in tears to tell me she found a field of flowers in memory of my mom. I started bawling thinking of what an awesome memorial for my best friend, my mother. It just so happens that in downtown Kingfisher Virginias Zinnias planted a field of flowers in honor of my mothers life. The field takes up almost a half of a city block! Missy just happened to pass by it and thought it looked awesome and got out of her vehicle to read the sign. Thank goodness she did or else I may have not ever known about this wonderful tribute to an amazing woman that we loved and miss sooooo much!!! It is so sad to think that my mom thought I was her only friend, but in fact everyone she came in contact with loved her so much. My heart is so overwhelmed by this tribute to my mother.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Jess, this is beautiful! The flowers are perfect. Love you.

The Barnyards said...

This is amazing. I'm in tears. Such a beautiful and perfect way to remember your beautiful momma.

Unknown said...

It was so wonderful to hear from you. I have been wondering how Carson has been doing since he left. It looks like he is loving being at home with his family. We miss you up there. I'm so glad you started a blog. I will be keeping up with you guys. I loved the story about your mom. She must have been a special lady.

Unknown said...

Hi Jessica. I'm using my husband's account so that was actually me writing that said from Eric. I forgot to sign my name Andrew has been great and I'm glad you have been keeping up with him. Talk to you soon.

Catherine Wagner

Mec said...

This is just beautiful! Thank you for posting pictures so we could all see this. I miss your mom so much and I think about you guys all the time. I love you!